by Kiana Hughes
- Various restaurants and bars in the heart of Ybor celebrate those in the service industry every Monday by offering half off their food and drinks. Vance Alan, Bernini of Ybor’s general manager, said he likes to head across the street to Crow Bar, a live music venue, on Monday to enjoy his hospitality night. Alan said most of the local bartenders and managers join. “We all have lived here for so long so we just huddle around the main bar and turn it into a more intimate setting,” said Alan.
- Location: Crow Bar, 1812 N 17th St., Ybor City, FL
- Time: 4:30 p.m. – 10 p.m. at the Crow bar. (Hours may vary at different participating bars and restaurants.)
- The Ritz Ybor, a popular music venue, is known for its Mischief Mondays. Music lovers can enjoy a free concert if they sign up on the Facebook guest list that is linked to their website.
- Location: 1503 E 7th Ave., Tampa, FL
- Time: 10 p.m. – 3 a.m.
- The United Skates of America offers a LGBTQ friendly pride themed roller skate event for $10 every second Monday of the month.
- Location: 5121 N Armenia Ave., Tampa, FL
- Time: 9 p.m. – 12 a.m.
- Save five dollars on a two hour guided walking ghost tour that explores Ybor’s haunted buildings, every Tuesday. According to new Tampa resident, Joseph Baldwin, the ghost tour could help make up for the lost seasons he enjoyed in Maryland. “I will miss the cool fall weather. I will miss picking pumpkins; but ghost tours will make it better. I love ghosts so I want to learn all about it,” said Baldwin.
- Location: King Corona Café, 1523 E. 7th Ave., Tampa, FL
- Time: 8:00 p.m.
- Take a CBD dab and do some yoga at Ybor’s CBD dispensary, Chillum, on the first Tuesday of every month. The all-level yoga class costs attendees $15 and includes a free CBD dab before or after the yoga session and a yoga mat to borrow if needed. For fellow Ybor worker, Vincent Loia, he said he looks forward to testing the combination of the beneficial elements. “CBD is a mello drug and it would really help with the meditative process and I love yoga because I have back problems and it will loosen me… It is also a great way to meet girls. I think,” said Loia.
- Location: 1714 EAST 7TH Ave., Tampa, FL
- Time: 10 a.m. – 10:45 a.m.
- Head down to The Retreat, a Downtown Tampa drinkery every Tuesday for a free sex trivia night.
- Location: 123 S Hyde Park Ave, Tampa, FL
- Time: 10 p.m. – 11 p.m.
- Cuddling up under the stars may seem like a fictional movie scene, but Sparkman Wharf makes it a reality during its Movie on the Lawn event where popular movies play on an outside projector every Wednesday night.
- Location: 615 Channelside Dr, Tampa, FL
- Time: 8 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Join Drew Garabo, radio show host for 102.5 The Bone, at Pin Chasers Bowling Alley for $10.99 unlimited bowling and dollar beers during the first Wednesday of every month.
- Location: 4847 N. Armenia Ave
- Time: 8 p.m.- 1 a.m.
- It may be hard to imagine the words gourmet and food truck ever coming together but that is exactly what you can expect at Third Thursday’s, downtown Tampa’s street food festival every third Thursday of the month. Attendees will enjoy complimentary entry, live music and dog sightings!
- Location: The Grand Central at Kennedy, 1208 E. Kennedy Blvd.
- Time: 6 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- The Improv Comedy Club opens their stage up to aspiring comedians or drunk Yborians for an open-mic night every Thursday.
- Location: 1600 East 8th Ave C-112 Tampa, FL
- Time: 8:45 p.m.
- Arcades are for anyone and so is GameTime Tampa’s 5 for 10 deal. Play five hours of arcade games for just $10 every Thursday night.
- Location: 1600 E. 8th Ave., Tampa, FL
- Time: 7 p.m. – 12 a.m.
- Hop on the Heights Brew Bus and tap into the best beers of the Bay along the 10-stop shuttle tour in areas like Ybor City, Seminole Heights and Downtown Tampa, every Friday night for $10 when you book online.
- Location: Brew Bus Brewing, 4101 N Florida Ave, Tampa, FL
- Time: 7 p.m. – 12 a.m.
- Let the weekend and the first Friday of the month begin in downtown St. Petersburg for the largest block party where people can join the fun for free and enjoy access to live bands and food and drink vendors every first Friday of the month.
- Location: Central Avenue between 2nd and 3rd Street
- Time: 5:30 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Drop in and enjoy free skateboarding, free beer, a free video premier of some tricks and maybe even free food or other surprises, every first Friday of the month when you become a member of the Skate Park of Tampa.
- Location: Skate Park of Tampa: 4215 E. Columbus Dr., Tampa, FL
- Time: 12 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Jamison B. Bread House Bakes, supplies artisan bread to over a dozen local Tampa restaurants, but for just two hours a week, the public can try to get their hands on the dough before it all goes.
- Location: 3615 E. 7th Ave Tampa, FL
- Time: 12 p.m. – 2 p.m.
- Origami is more than folding paper, for those who meet at the Paper Seahorse, it is an all-age inclusive form of meditative art. On the third Saturday of the month anyone is welcome to better or begin their origami skills. Access to the meeting, the necessary supplies and refreshments are all complimentary.
- Location: 211 S Howard Avenue Tampa, FL
- Time: 10 a.m.
- Walk up or dock up at Wat Mongkolratanaram Florida’s Thai temple to explore Tampa’s Thai Land. Every Sunday morning the temple opens to the public and offers a fresh and authentic Thai food market.
- Location: 5306 Palm River Rd., Tampa, FL
- Time: 8:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Kiana Hughes can reached at email@example.com