10. Women’s cross country team records highest GPA in D-II. With an average of 3.74, the team earned the honor from the United States Track and Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA). Jessica Forrester, Leela Hadsock, Nicole Miranda and Sarah Nelson each recorded a perfect 4.0 GPA.
9. March 4 and 5, 2007. Softball sweeps 16th-ranked Barry in three-game series, including a 15-inning thriller. After a disappointing 2006 season and a slow start to 2007, the ladies made an early statement by defeating Barry 3-2, 2-0 and 1-0 in a weekend series.
8. Aug. 26, 2006. Men’s soccer defeats nationally-ranked Clayton State thanks to Ricardo Cardoso’s hattrick. Cardoso was a highly-touted recruit from Georgia Perimeter College, where he holds the record for the most goals scored in a season.
7. Feb. 2 and 3, 2007. Baseball, ranked first, wins two of three against second-ranked Georgia College and State. The Spartans defended their preseason No. 1 ranking by easily handling GCSU 16-8 and 9-4.
6. Dec. 2, 2006 and Feb. 7, 2007. Men’s basketball hands Rollins its only two losses of the regular season, the first coming when the Tars were fifth in the nation. Chris King led Tampa, scoring 21 in the first match-up and 20 in the second.
5. March 4, 2007. Women’s basketball wins the SSC tournament for the second straight year. The Spartans defeated Rollins 68-66 on Shay Mackey’s buzzer-beating shot after tying the game on Mackey’s three-pointer at the end of regulation.
4. Nov. 3, 2006. 1,145 witness UT defeat Florida Southern in the Martinez Center. It was the largest crowd ever to attend a women’s SSC athletic event. The Spartans avenged their only loss of the season, a 3-0 sweep by Florida Southern in Lakeland.
3. March 15, 2007. Swimmer Jessie Bardin captures national championship in 200-free. Her time of 1:50.92 was good enough to bring home the Spartans’ only National Championship trophy this year.
2. Nov. 11, 2006. Women’s soccer defeats Tusculum 5-0 to advance to the Final Four. Shannon Aitken recorded her 11th shutout of the season while Jocelyn Charette scored a hattrick and Shelbi Kuni tied the SSC record for goals in a season.
1. Nov. 18, 2006. Volleyball wins National Championship. Tampa defeated the University of Northern Alabama 3-1 to win the title. Katelen Dixon led the Spartans with 15 kills and Margeaux Sinibaldi racked up 28 digs. It was Tampa’s first volleyball championship.